As I have mentioned in prior posts, we grill just about year round here in “Sunny Florida”! For a good chicken-on-skewers- with-veggies recipe check out my Easy Skewered Chicken & Vegetables Recipe. There is just something about the smell of fresh barbecue cooking. It reminds me of all things fun – fresh air, sitting outside, summer evenings, walks on the beach and letting the sun hit our faces.
This past week, my husband made a delightful chicken dinner. Mike made mouth-watering “Chicken Delight” with boneless chicken breasts. Even “Lucy”, our newest edition to our family, wanted some (okay, okay, I gave her some later).
Here are the ingredients:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced to create a pocket
- Sargento Swiss cheese slices
- Ham slices
- Baby spinach (fresh)
- Philadelphia chive and onion cream cheese
- Garlic power, Lawry’s seasoning
- Olive oil
- Roll a ham slice and Swiss cheese slice.
- Next put some cream cheese on the inside pocket of the chicken, place the rolled ham & Swiss cheese along with some spinach inside the pocket.
- Put the chicken pieces on the grill and baste the olive oil over the pieces along with sprinkling garlic powder and Lawry’s seasoning to taste.
Grill for about 30 minutes.
You can serve with your favorite vegetables on the side and/or a lovely salad.
Here is a simple, tasty and delicious grilled meal!
So whether it is 30 degrees, 50 degrees or in the heat of the summer… grilling can be a year round event here in Florida. And remember, Spring is here!
Until next time, you will find me at the barbecue …