Let’s talk for a minute about large women (I am one by the way). Hey, for those out there who don’t realize it – I have to admit, I LIKE FOOD! Well, should I mention the obvious; maybe I like food a little too much sometimes!! I would be lying if I didn’t say that.
Okay, and the thing is, it’s not like I’m in denial…. I mean, I admit I like food – mostly carbs, starches, Italian food and sweets! Pasta, pizza, Italian bread, rice, more pasta… then top it off two hours later with chocolate chip ice cream!
I probably WISH I didn’t love food as much as I do. I remember when I was growing up, our Mom (I am the youngest of 4) would PRAY that we would “eat lots and gain lots of weight!” I mean – who can fight a praying mother!???? (So maybe I should blame this whole thing of being a “big babe” on my mother!) I guess I really can’t blame everything on my mother… I will eat when I am stressed, bored, sad, happy – you know … emotional eating! Sometimes I eat just to eat, and when I do this, I am not really even enjoying the food. I know I have some plus-sized sisters out there who can relate to this.
Do I eat healthy as well? Yes, you bet I do. I love fruits, almost all vegetables, and I love a big salad!
I don’t have all the answers; I am simply just sharing my heart here. And if you are a bone thin skinny chick, this blog post may not be for you…. But then again….. I could be wrong! There are very slender and even some underweight women who tell me that they think about food all the time. Woman to woman though, I want to share a few of my thoughts with you. I am betting you a carton of Publix’s Vanilla Swirl ice cream that there are other large gals who have similar thoughts:
- We don’t wake up every morning and say, “Gee, I am so glad I am fat!”
- Some of us are trying to lose weight … obviously we are sometimes more successful than we are at other times.
- We are beautiful… even if you don’t agree! It’s what’s on the inside that radiates to the outside.
- We’ve all been through enough diets, and read enough books on “The Real Way to Lose Weight” to fill up a library! So we don’t necessarily want your advice on how to lose weight.
- Yes, many of us plus babes like to exercise, go out, have fun and work hard! And yes, many of us have plenty of energy for everything we want to accomplish. And no, most of us are not lazy – we are just overweight…
- We love to dress up, put on makeup and look pretty just like you do! And we are often pretty just like you are! We haven’t “let ourselves go” … that is a whole other problem to be addressed in another post.
- As I get older, I, as a large person, am comfortable in my skin and I realize I have many attractive qualities… other than my weight!
- We don’t necessarily want to stay large! But some of us are challenged more than others.
More to come next week on Monday, July 27, 2015 … this is just Part I, because after all, I seem to have quite a bit of experience on this topic.