We often want to wash away the day, maybe the pain, frustrations and unhappiness. We all look forward to discovering new and refreshing things in our life – HOPE FOR A NEW and a better tomorrow! There is something about a “new beginning” or “a fresh start”! It is so exhilarating!
We now have entered into a brand new year – 2016! With that comes hope of a better tomorrow, better days and weeks ahead! Lots of brand new blessings, new adventures, events and endeavors! Let’s make it a good one!
And on the way to a better and hopeful year, I am going to remind myself of the things we could do to make it a better year than last year!
A couple of simple reminders:
- Treat each day like a gift. Get up, get dressed and show up. Look at each day like a “fresh opportunity” for something new.
- Take a break. Take a break each day somehow, somewhere. Relax and refresh. Go get a pedicure, or take a break and rent a funny movie. Get some fresh air. When we are worn down and overwrought, that’s when the troubles of life usually overwhelm us.
- Surround yourself with positive, uplifting people. I mean, obviously, it’s not always possible in a work situation and other similar situations, but get together often with positive, encouraging people.
- Give of yourself to others. Whether that means to visit an elderly person, comforting a friend that just went through a breakup, or treating a good friend to lunch. Don’t expect anything in return. You are giving of YOURSELF, and therefore it “feeds” you, as well.
- When you have had a bad day, remember, tomorrow is another day. Thank goodness, we can wake up and have a “fresh start”. I love this Bible verse: “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3:22-23 ESV).
- Give thanks. I try to remind myself that whatever it is, it could ALWAYS be worse. I am looking forward to 2016, and all that the New Year brings to each and every one of us!
“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Happy New Year! I am looking forward to hearing from you in 2016!